The Inner City Parish Church was built in the
Baroque style in 1723 and replaced two other churches that once
sat on this site. The original 12th century Roman-style church was
destroyed in the Tartar invasion, and its 14th century Gothic replacement
was seized by the Turks and used as a mosque before being destroyed
in a fire.
The Inner City Parish Church is the oldest building in Pest. It's
located next to the Elizabeth Bridge.